Tango / Tang Gold
Características del fruto:
- Seedless under all pollination conditions.
- Does not set seed in other citrus crops.
- Easy to peel.
- Rind colour: Orange, reddish.
- Rind texture: Smooth.
- Flesh texture: Fine.
- Flavour: Delicious.
- Very high Brix: 11% January, 12% February, 13% March.
- Acidity: 1.2% January, 1% February, 0.8% March.
- Juiciness: 50% juice.
- Medium to small in size: 50-60 mm.
- Weight: 90 g per fruit.
- Fruit reaches maturity in January (varying depending on weather and location) and holds on the tree until April.
- Excellent storing qualities.
Características del árbol:
- Tree size: Medium to large.
- Very productive: 80-100 kg/tree.
- Canopy shape: spherical, resembling an orange tree rather than a mandarin tree – 2.6 to 3 m tall.
- Vigorous, spinefree.
- Tendency to alternate bearing which can be avoided with the appropriate cultural practices.
- Flowering in March-April.
- Performs well on the following rootstocks: Carrizo, C35, sour orange, Volkameriana, Macrophylla, Citrumelo, “Schaub” rough lemon.